Final Year Project – Final Entry

This week we have started finalising our documents, we ran into teamwork issues again but we aim to overcome these problems. The only section that primarily remains to be done is the ending of our technical specification.

Since we have found a tech advisor we can trust, we aim to start testing and prototyping our app as soon as possible. In our final document, we have included a disclaimer, stating that we have outsourced as a means of collaborating with other DCU students.

The formatting of a document this size is taking a lot of time and patience, Luke enjoys this type fo work, therefore, he has agreed to do this section of the work.

Overall My experience has been up and down throughout the year, I believe this a critical aspect to finishing an IT related course. It gives students the option to believe in their research or to pursue an entrepreneurial future.

I would like to thank the faculty of the computing school of DCU for giving me this opportunity and allowing me to realise there are endless amounts of educational resources available to myself and to all students aiming to better themselves

Advertisements

Final Year Project – Eleventh Entry

As we are preparing our final document, we are moving down through our technical specification. This week I have looked at the user interface.

I found a great application called Marvel that allows users to easily create a mock-up of the interface for their app, this application can be applied to websites also. The designs that I have created will be used in our final document as it stands.

I wished to keep the app as basic as possible, to allow users the option to easily navigate throughout the app. I applied basic design standards in terms of its interface.

Some key features would be consistency, the reverse of actions, error messages etc.

Below two images that have been created using Marvel.

Final Year Project – Tenth Entry

This week we have put in motion plans for our Technical delivery. No specifics have been decided but I and luke realised the scope of our project and other difficulties within the team has affected our technical delivery.

We began researching all the applications and frameworks used in creating smartphone applications. These applications include Android studio, Swift, React Native etc.

We felt it necessary to understand all the components of creating our app as we need to provide feedback and constant evaluation of the ongoing development of our app.

Our app is aiming to provide features such as realtime and geolocator. The functional process of providing this service is unknown to us, therefore we wanted to research this process.

We feel as enterprise students we need to thoroughly understand all processes as a means of positive collaboration.

 

Final Year Project – Ninth Entry

This week I looked at the functional specification as I find it quite interesting, we had a module in the second year using Argo UML which I found interesting, then this year we had a module called enterprise architecture. This module exposed our class to Signavio which allowed us to create BPMN diagrams.

At this point, I plan to start sketching are use case diagrams and creating use cases using cockburns templates.

They will be changed more than likely when we are finalising our final year document. use cases will allow our team to assess the use of our service and allow us to run step by step through the services we provide

LuckyHour Sign up (1)