Throughout the next few weeks are team plan on evaluating our business plan further. We felt that were several improvements to be made in areas such as our market research, and financial projections. Luke prized himself of analysing our financial projections, therefore, he ensured the team this would be his responsibility. I am happy with this decision as I found working with a team of three has grown difficult. Deadlines, individual goals have been set but we plan to overcome these objections and deliver our intended app.
We have consistently spoken of taking our project and changing our priority roles to project managers, Ideally, to show we can bridge the gap between technical personnel and business personnel
To summarise, our individual work for this isn’t set but I have taken upon myself to research topics that may be useful to our team. I broke down the software specification page and realised several of the diagrams needed are diagrams I successfully created in the past. Therefore my individual goal is to create mock use case diagrams and logical database designs.
The most recent piece of work we have submitted was our mid-term delivery. As mentioned before it generally made up of our business case that we have been working on since October. Additional features such as Technical delivery, Functional specification, Project timeline and a responsibility matrix. Overall the work was a collaborative effort except for areas we wanted to gain experience in or areas we were most comfortable in.
I, myself, took the task of the project plan, timeline, and division of work. From this we allocated our individual time to each of the assigned technical deliveries features. The intended outcome of this task was to present a clear scope of our project from start to finish.
The business case was a collaborative effort, improving particular areas such as financial projections, marketing, and sales strategy. Other features added to our business case included:
Below is an image of the timeline used in our mid-term delivery.
We received a grade of 71%, overall we were very happy because we found working as a group of three can be difficult due to technical but also social aspects. That being said, I am grateful for this new experience when in comparison to my previous group work in college and team leadership in my job profession.
We met with our supervisor Maria, she expressed concern in certain areas of our work and presentation which we plan to change promptly so we are kept ahead of schedule with all submissions.